W Coombes & Sons (Contractors) Limited are a long established Main Building Contractor based in Ilminster. Founded in 1871 by Walter J Coombes and continues today as family business under the Managing Directorship of Tim Coombes a fourth generation family member assisted by his wife Sue, and his two sons Adam and Thomas Coombes, fifth generation family members.
The company has a direct workforce of 35 experienced employees, many of whom are long serving, and we are pleased to be one of the larger employers based in the town of Ilminster. In addition to our workforce, we have the benefit of the services provided many tried and tested reliable sub-contractors, whom we have engaged over many years, covering a wide variety of works. The Company has worked with many Architect Practices in the area who continue to include us on their Recommended /Approved lists of Main Contractors. The Company also has a fully-equipped Joinery Workshop, which produces a large range of quality new bespoke joinery and are experienced in the sympathetic restoration and conservation of historic items often required when working on listed properties in particular.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES IN:
- Conservation, Restoration and Refurbishment of Listed Buildings
- New Build Domestic Homes and Extensions
- New Build Construction and Extension of Industrial and Commercial Premises
- New Build Construction, Extension/Alteration of Nursing and Care Homes
- School and Office Fit Outs
- Insurance Reinstatement Works following Fire and Flood Damage
- Swimming Pool Construction (Indoor / Outdoor) and associated Leisure Facilities
- Equine Stable Facilities
- Maintenance and Repair of all buildings
- Soft and Hard Landscaping
The Company has a large and varied portfolio of Contracts successfully carried out over the past years and its family experience and history enables it to carry out a huge variety, range and size of contracts. W Coombes & Sons (Contractors) Limited are Main Contractors who can successfully carry out the complete Contract from commencement to completion.